Pequea Valley School District will create an environment that inspires each individual to excel.
The Pequea Valley student is a resourceful, continuous learner who values and demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and character needed to succeed in a global community.
As a community of teachers and learners, we believe that...
- Education and the development of all learners is our highest priority.
- Education requires continuous improvement through the assessment of students, staff, and programs in response to the needs of a changing world.
- Effective educators teach to individual needs in a safe student-centered environment.
- Effective schools promote the development of character, intellectual growth, and personal wellness through a variety of curricular, extracurricular and enrichment activities.
- Effective students appreciate diversity, celebrate successes, accept challenges, and view failure as a learning experience.
- Education is the shared responsibility of all students, families, educators, and the community.
Goal # 1
We will increase our graduation rate from 92% to 95% during the next 6 years.
We will increase participation in post secondary education by 10% during the next 6 years.
Student proficiency levels will increase to meet or exceed the PDE Proficiency target.
We will increase by 10% the number of students scoring "Advanced" on math PSSA tests during the next 6 years.
We will increase all reading PSSA scores by 5% per year for the next 6 years.
We will increase by a total of 10 percentage points the number of students scoring "Advanced" on reading PSSA tests during the next 6 years.
Goal #7Goal #8
We will increase student attendance by .5% per year for the next 4 years.
We will maintain above 98% participation rate on state assessments.